Are you looking to launch your new WordPress site but don't know how to? Here get a detailed tutorial on WordPress download and installation through cPanel.
As you are searching for the WordPress installation process, you already know what WordPress is. It is the most popular and widely used CMS on the internet. If you find, you will see that so many big platforms are on this free open source content management system, and it covers the most number of websites.
You get so many plugins options to choose from, so many add-ons, security features, frequent updates. From WordPress security Plugins to sitemap creating on WordPress, from image optimizer Plugins to CDN for WordPress, everything is available in one click option. That makes easy to use. Most of them, you will find tons of tutorials and help on WordPress. That makes it really popular.
If you are a Google Ad Publisher you may read, 7 interesting Facts on why WordPress is better for Google AdSense. Where we have mentioned some interesting and practical facts on why WordPress is the best CMS. However, lets come to the point, before the installation, you need to download WordPress.
How To Download WordPress?
Firstly you have to visit the WordPress Download Page and click on the “Download WordPress” button.
After that, a Zip file will be downloaded. That is the WordPress script. You ware going to need it on your computer for installation.
WordPress Installation Through cPanel:
Before going through the WordPress installation process, I would like to assure you that installing WordPress with cPanel is very easy. To perform that action, you only need to follow the below steps.
1. Create a database and user
2. Upload the WordPress file
3. Run the WordPress installer
Create a database and user
Firstly you need to go to “Databases>MySQL Database Wizard” on your cPanel. Then you need to follow the below four simple steps.
- Create a Database: Here you have to enter your database name. Keep in mind that it should not exceed 54 characters. Then click “Next”.
- Create Database Users: Here you need to give the user name of your database (keep under 38 character). Then click the “Create User button” after giving a strong password.
- Add User to the Database: Here you need to tick on the “All Privileges” box and then click on “Next Step” button.
- Complete the Task: It is the final step in database and user creation. If you could make it correctly, it will show you the success message here.
After creating the database, user, and password, keep it in a safe place. It will require during the WordPress installation process. Besides that, it may need in the future too.
Upload the WordPress file
Upload your WordPress files Using the File Manager. You need to go to File Manager>public_html and upload the WordPress Zip File (Which you downloaded from WordPress download page). After successfully uploading the Zip file, you have to unzip and move all folders and files (which contain in wordpress folder) to the public_html directory.
Run the WordPress installer
Firstly you need to go on the Setup Configuration page and need to run the installation process.
To visit the installation page, visit – http://example.com/wp-admin/install.php
(Keep in mind you need to enter your domain name in exchange of the example.com)
Then you need to select your Preferred Language and proceed. After proceeding, the Database Configuration page will open. There you need to fill up the following details.
- Database Name: Your database name.
- Username: Your database user name.
- Password: The password you gave while creating the database user.
- Database Host: localhost.
- Table Prefix: no action needed.
After submitting all the information correctly, you will see the “Run the installation” button on the next page. Then click on Run the installation to begin the setup process.
After that, your final and last installation page will surface where you have to click on the “Install WordPress” button after submitting the following information
- Site Title:
- Your Email: login information will be sent to this email address
- Search Engine Visibility: Select whether or not to have the search engines index the site.
Then finally you will see Done. We’ve successfully installed WordPress.
Thanks for reading. I hope this will help you to easily download and install WordPress through cPanel. On your WordPress site, you may require some Plugins for your platform. Check out some best plug-in related articles below.