Every Google Adsense publisher often try to increase their revenue. To get your expected revenue, we think you need to improve your ad location.
Almost we all know what is Google Adsense, especially the publishers who are earning a right amount of money every month from Google is. Whether a Google publisher is making $10, $100 $500, or even more but one thing is same for all is they all are searching for the methods or tactics how they can earn more from AdSense. It’s not that bad because who doesn’t like to get more money, right?. When it comes to increasing the income Google Adsense there so many things where need to give our focus. We have a complete article on some major factors by following theme you can increase your AdSense revenue. You can read- This 10 Facts Definitely Can Increase Your Google Adsense Revenue.
In this article, we would like to inform you about the improving ad location.
So what is ad location?
Ad location is one of the most critical factors that contribute to CTR (click through rate) and your overall revenue is where you place your ads on your site. Here we are going to cover related terms you may be familiar with and the different strategies for deciding where to put your ads on your site.
Firstly, there are a couple of industry terms about ad location that are helpful to know.
- ATF (Above the fold ): The part of a web page that users can see without scrolling down on a typical screen in both mobile and desktop.
- BTF (Below-the-fold ): The role of a web page the users have to scroll down to see.
Next important thing is, to choose ad location, it's important to figure out what your users' goals are and how this tie to your goals as a publisher. Some questions you need to ask yourself when you are on to set ad location.
- From where are your users are coming?
- What is your goal for users on your site?
- Are you getting the desired response from them?
- What are they looking for in your Website?
- Do they find it?
- On which pages or sections are users spending the most time?
You should clearly understand the placement is running well on a classified site might not work well on a blog site. Similarly within a particular URL, what might work best on the homepage might not be best for the sub domains. So, it's important to test different layouts and get to know your user behavior.
To find out above mentioned 6 question answers you need to link your AdSense account to your Google Analytics account. Don’t know about Google Analytics? Read-
The Google Analytics can provide information about the traits and behavior of your users. You can use these insights to determine your ad placement and overall monetization strategy.
Once you know your user patterns, try placing ads near the content that your users are interested in viewing. The Google’s Ad policy is strict. They don’t allow ads to interfere with content; ads near highly-viewed parts of your site will get more attention and make more money.
The users read and behave differently on your homepage than on your article pages. You can test different layouts to find out what works best for each section.
But make sure to keep enough space between your ads and your content to avoid accidental clicks. For more information, please refer to the AdSense Policies and Guidelines. While above the fold formats tend to perform well, below the fold can also work well for specific content, such as articles.
Here we are mentioning some points you can follow to improve ad location
- Placing an ad at the end of content can be an effective way to present users with useful information once they've finished reading your content. A well-placed ad near the bottom of the content can be a strategic way for users to move to another site that interests them.
- Take care to avoid misleading labels and headings on your ads, such as “resources” or “related links,” that may confuse users.
- Avoid placing ads in locations where they might be confused with the menu, navigation, or download links.
- Make sure that there are no drop-down menus or expandable features that cover an ad sticking to these policies improve the experience of users and advertisers.
Thanks for reading. We hope this article will help you to improve your ad location of your website. If you want to read more articles on Google AdSense and Ad placement you can read- Stop Disabling AdSense Account for Invalid Activity and Google AdSense Mobile Ad Placement Policy Importance.