Want to monetize your blog or website? If yes, first you need to consider which is best for you Google AdSense or Affiliate marketing?
Now, most of the bloggers are makes some money through Affiliates and AdSense. But they do not know what the right option for them to monetize their blog or website is. Although, there are tons of ways are available in the virtual world, but these two talking about are the major once. So, today in this post, we are going to cover the fundamentals of Google AdSense and Affiliate Marketing. As well as, we will share which one is perfect for you and which platform can make a good amount of money for you. First, you need to understand what Affiliate Marketing and AdWords is.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is a type of performance-based advertising model where a company gives some commission to the third-party to generate traffic or leads to the company's products or services. The company provides a unique link or banner that would take the reader directly to that product on their site or platform. As a blogger, you will become an affiliate, and you can select a company via an affiliate network or directly from the e-commerce business, and make some commission from being an affiliate by placing a link, button or banner within a blog post.
If you are new to Affiliate marketing and want to know more about that, you can read; What Is Affiliate Marketing And How Does It Work? Affiliate programs provide you numerous products to promote on the web, and you can earn a good percentage of commission from your merchants. There are two types of products you can sell in your affiliate business, one is digital products and another is physical products. But If you would like to take a more subtle approach, then you always need to write high-quality blogs related to your promoted products or services.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is an advertising program and it is run by Google. It provides a way authentic for website owners to earn money from their online content. But before you going to start your earnings, you need to apply for the Adsense. After getting the publisher's approval, Google will give a unique ad code to integrate on your site. And after completing it google will display relevant ads on your web pages. Google serves tons of text, images, videos, or interactive media advertisements on its publisher's website.
Google generally pays to the publishers on pay per click or ad impression basis. However, the basic thing is that first of all you need to have a good website or blog and also have a high source of organic traffic. Because when you will get more organic traffic your click ratio will be high and it brings you lots of money. If you want to know more about that, you can read; What is Google AdSense?
Affiliate Marketing Vs. AdSense: Which is the most profitable and why?
In fact, web monetization depends on how much work you are ready to do. Now we are going to describe some pros and cons of Google AdSense and Affiliate Marketing. So, you can analyze that and understand which platform is best and profitable for your blog or website.
Affiliate Marketing Pros:
- Getting approval on an affiliate program is easier.
- You can join and start an affiliate business with your minimal investment.
- It can be a long term business and you can offer a regular stream of income for many years through your blog website.
- Sometimes the commission rate of product selling is significantly higher than the income per AdSense click.
- You can increase your clicks by promoting the relevant products to your blog audience. On the other hand, Google AdSense won’t let you pick the ads for your target audience.
- You can earn your affiliate commission with a limited amount of traffic.
Affiliate Marketing Cons:
- You need to spend lots of time to rank your Affiliate blog on Search engines. As well as, you need to work hard and write better content to get your potential customer.
- Some affiliates platforms are not easy to join. Sometimes you may be required cash for taking a membership.
- It is a passive income source, just set up the ads and keep update your blog site with fresh content.
- You don't need to pay any cost to join the AdSense program.
- You don't' need to find any products to promote, Google AdSense will take care of everything.
- It is the easiest and reliable way to make money from your blogs.
- you can easily increase your AdSense income and you don't need any special skill or knowledge.
- You don’t have any control over choosing your niche products or advertising.
- Google AdSense and their policy are very tough.
- Your account may ban at any time if you are violating AdSense Guidelines.
Finally, we want to say that you can use both affiliate marketing products and AdSense ads on the same site. If you are running a niche site, then AdSense may be best for you. But if you are aiming to build a brand with your profitable blog and have an email list of hungry buyers, then you can consider affiliate marketing. However, when are using both of them, the three important things would vary for your income. The important things are your audience, your blog's topic, and website traffic. So, we would like to suggest you, if you are a newbie, first you can use AdSense, and whenever your blogs will become very popular you can go into affiliate marketing and earn a reliable income from your sites.
Thanks for reading this. We hope this was informative. If you want to read more web monetization related articles, then you can read;