Canara Bank Limited has started a Cybersecurity week for their customers to increase the awareness of online shopping.
As a part of this campaign, the Bank has provided some instruction to its customers:
- keep staying away from fake websites and apps.
- Only use secure sites. Check for the padlock icon and HTTPS in the address bar.
- Beware of phishing emails. Don't click on unknown links or attachments in emails.
- Avoid deals that are too good to be true.
- Avoid Public Wi-Fi to go shopping as unsecured Wi-Fi can risk your privacy.
In the meantime, Canara Bank also shared the message on its official Twitter handle.
Let's be cybersafe in online festival shopping!
>> Watch out for fake websites and apps
>> Only use secure sites
>> Beware of phishing emails
>> Avoid deals that are too good to be true
>> Avoid Public WiFi#cybersafety #cybersecurity #becybersmart pic.twitter.com/n0UcdNtnQZ
— Canara Bank (@canarabank) November 25, 2020
Canara Bank Limited is one of the largest public sector banks owned by the Government of India. It is headquartered in Bengaluru.