New York, March 19 (IANS) New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Thursday ruled out a lockdown of the New York City amid the coronavirus surge.
“And I'm telling you I'm not doing it,” he said.
The city has reported least 2,469 confirmed cases of the virus against 1,339 recorded on Wednesday, the BBC reported, Across the state, 4,152 people have tested positive so far, of 9,415 cases across the US.
“In many ways, the fear is more dangerous than the virus,” Cuomo said.
The city has ordered 75 per cent of the non-essential workforce to work from home.