LIC launches WhatsApp services for its customers; details inside
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has introduced its first-ever ‘WhatsApp Services' for its registered LIC policyholders. The insurance company made the announcement via Twitter on Friday.
How to avail of LIC WhatsApp services:
According to the Tweet, by texting “Hi” on the mobile number 8976862090, policyholders who have registered their policies on the LIC Portal will be able to access the listed services on WhatsApp from the comfort of their own homes.
LIC launches its WhatsApp Services#LIC #WhatsApp pic.twitter.com/vBO4c86xLr
— LIC India Forever (@LICIndiaForever) December 2, 2022
List of services offered on WhatsApp:
- Premium due
- Bonus information
- Policy status
- Loan eligibility quotation
- Loan repayment quotation
- Loan interest due
- Premium paid certificate
- ULIP -Statement of Units
- LIC Services Links
- Opt in/Opt out Services
- End Conversation
How to make a register for LIC online services?
The following items must be kept on hand by policyholders in order to register for the online services available through the LIC portal:-
Policy numbers for your own life and the lives of any minor children, Instalment premiums for these policies (paid in full but excluding service tax or GST), scanned copy of a passport or PAN card, with a file size of under 100 KB.
- Visit www.licindia.in and head to the “Customer Portal” option.
- Click on “New user” if you have not registered earlier for the customer portal.
- You must select your user ID and password and then submit on the next screen.
- Log in using this newly generated user ID, then select “Add Policy” under “Basic Services”.
- Now enroll all of your remaining policies, at which point your registered policies will all be able to access the Basic Services.
- Basic information like your date of birth, phone number, and email address will be automatically incorporated into the registration form when you register as a LIC Portal user.