With the wake of the corona pandemic and the continuous rise in cases, connecting online through video calls and seminars have become an imminent part of personal as well as professional lives.
Talking about the user’s favorite video calling platforms, WhatsApp Group Calling and Zoom Meetings top the list today.
Be out of curiosity but have you ever wondered, which one of these Apps are better and overpower the other? If this is your cue, then you have landed at the right place. In this article, we will put forth a comparative analysis between WhatsApp Group Call Vs Zoom Meetings, so that by the end of this article, you can choose the best option as per your needs.
WhatsApp Group Call – How does it work?
Who doesn’t know about WhatsApp today? To an extent, WhatsApp has replaced the traditional voice calling systems and is a top choice for many. Recently, many users were complaining about WhatsApp Call Not Connecting, but now that issue has been fixed, so, you can have a pleasant video calling experience once again.
Be it iOS or Android, the App is available on both platforms. However, many people are not aware of the fact that WhatsApp offers Group Calls as well. If you too have been wandering around this line, here is all that you need to know.
How to use WhatsApp Group Call
Follow the steps given below to start your WhatsApp Group Call today:
- Open your WhatsApp, and tap on the “Calls” option.
- Now you will find a Phone icon with a + sign which is placed at the right bottom corner of the screen.
- Now, Tap on the ‘New Group Call’ option.
- By doing this, you will get access to the list of contacts on your device. From here all you need to do is add the people you wish to WhatsApp Group Call by clicking on their names.
- After completing your list, tap to initiate your call as now you are good to go!
WhatsApp Group Call can accommodate up to 8 participants. So, if you are a small group with not many people to accommodate this is the perfect option for you. But what if you have a bigger group? Worry not, keep reading to know what’s in store for you.
Zoom Meetings – How does it work?
So, this is where bigger groups come in. Zoom Meeting has gained overnight popularity over the last few months and is giving a tough competition to many of its co-video platform competitors. Due to a lot of traffic, many users were experiencing Zoom Error Code 5003 while trying to access and host meetings through the Web. Thankfully, this issue can be solved just through some minute troubleshooting methods.
Zoom Meetings is usually the first choice for a larger audience and is used at a professional level for official meetings and educational seminars and lectures. Hosting a zoom meeting can be a bit tricky. Below, we have stated the method to host a Zoom Meeting in simple language to make it easy for you.
How to use Zoom Meeting
Follow the steps given below to start your Zoom Meeting today:
- If you are the host – then click on ‘New Meeting’.
- Once you do so, generate your Meeting ID (PMI) by moving the toggle to the right.
- You have now generated the PMI, copy your meeting address, and send it out to everyone you want to add to your group call.
- You can schedule the meeting according to your timing and accordingly work through the Zoom Meeting.
- Click on ‘Start a Meeting’ and you are now good to go.
Zoom Meetings allows up to 100 participants in the free version to attend zoom calls. With further Add-ons, the App allows up to 500 members to join the meeting. So, naturally, Zoom Meetings can accommodate a larger audience.
Verdict – WhatsApp Call Vs Zoom Meetings
So, from the above comparison, it is very clear that WhatsApp Group Call is best for a smaller group with up to 8 participants. On the contrary, Zoom Meetings can accommodate up to 100 members in its free version and is the best option for a larger audience. As of now, WhatsApp doesn’t offer a paid version whereas Zoom can accommodate a larger audience with a paid version.
The verdict is out and clear. If you are a small group, use WhatsApp Group Call and if you have a larger group, Zoom Meeting is the one for you. Choose wisely and have a great video calling experience.