Vodafone Idea (Vi) has announced that its customers can now book a COVID-19 vaccine slot through its app. Vi says this has been made possible with the integration of the CoWIN app with its platform. Vi users will be able to search for available vaccine slots and also set reminders for when they will be available on the Vi App.
“The integration will also allow Vi customers to filter their search results by age group, vaccine names (Covidshield, Covaxin, Sputnik V), dose, paid/free vaccine, and others, and they can book an available slot at a location closest to their address,” the company said in a statement.
“Customers registered through the Vi App will also be notified as and when the vaccine slots are available in the user’s area. This service is available to Vi prepaid and post-paid customers,” it added.
How to book a vaccine slot on the Vi app:
Here are the steps you will need to follow to book a vaccine slot from the Vi app on your smartphone:
- Open the Vi app on your phone.
- Click on Get Yourself Vaccinated Today option appearing at the bottom part of the screen.
- Users can then search for a slot in a location close to them by entering District – State and District – or entering their Pincode.
- Users can use filters such as – age 18-44/ age 45+, dose 1/ dose 2, Covishield/ Covaxin/ Sputnik V, and paid/ free.
- Once the desired filters are selected, users can browse through the dates to find an available slot for their COVID-19 vaccination and choose one.
- Vi App will then redirect to the CoWIN portal for final confirmation.