Know the details Guidelines for West Bengal Complete Lockdown from Tomorrow
Amid a surge in Covid-19 cases, the West Bengal government has announced a complete lockdown in the state, starting from Tomorrow May 16.
According to the report, the complete lockdown will continue till May 30.
West Bengal on Friday registered its highest single-day spike of 20,846 fresh COVID-19 cases, taking the tally to 10,94,802, the health department said in its bulletin.
The toll rose to 12,993 after 136 more people, including five eminent doctors, succumbed to the infection, the bulletin said.
Chief secretary Mr. Alapan Banerjee said a brief note for West Bengal Complete Lockdown during a press conference.
He said, “To ensure the health of the people and control in the Covid-19 situation, the state government is forced to impose this restriction. Bengal is going through an unprecedented situation where the scarcity of oxygen and medicines required to treat Covid patients is increasing. To control this situation, we are imposing strict conditions.”
The detailed complete lockdown guidelines are given by the (Government of West Bengal
1. All Schools/ colleges/ universities/ polytechnics/ ITI/ anganwadi centres and other educational/ academic institutions shall remain closed.
2. All government offices and private establishments shall remain closed except those relating to emergency and essential services like health care, veterinary services, law and order, courts, social welfare homes, correctional services, power, drinking water supply, telecom, internet, print and electronic media, fire services, disaster management & civil defense, sanitation, sewerage, and funeral services.
3. Shopping complexes, malls, market complexes, spas, beauty parlors, cinema halls, restaurants, bars, sports complexes, gyms, swimming pools shall remain closed.
4. Retail shops & supplies, bazaars, and hats relating to vegetable fruits, groceries milk, bread, meat, and eggs shall be allowed to remain open between 7 AM – 10 AM only.
5. Sweetmeat shops shall be allowed to remain open between 10 AM – 5 PM only.
6. Jewellery and saree shops may remain open between 12 noon – 3 PM only.
7. Medicine shops and optical stores shall remain open as per usual working hours.
8. Parks, zoos, sanctuaries shall remain closed except for maintenance services.
9. All intra – state local trains, metro railway, and intra – state bus services, and inland water transport shall remain closed except for the movement of emergency and essential services personnel.
10. Movement of private vehicles, taxis, and auto-rickshaw will be prohibited except to and from hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic centers, clinics, vaccination centers, airports, terminals points, media houses, etc, those movements to essential/exempted goods and services will also be exempted.
11. All-intra state movement of trucks and goods carries shall be except relating to medical supplies, oxygen, essential food commodities including milk, eggs, meat and fish, petrol/diesel, and LPG.
12. All administrative, academic, entertainment, political, cultural, and religious gatherings, groupings, and congregations shall be prohibited.
13. All industries and manufacturing units remain closed except those relating to medical supplies, COVID positive supplies, health, and hygiene care products, oxygen and oxygen cylinders, continuous process industries, and production and packaging of essential food commodities and beverages including milk, poultry, fish, and meat.
14. Operations in Tea gardens shall be allowed with 50% of the total strength of each shift.
15. Operations in Jute Mills shall be allowed with 30% of the total strength of each shift.
16. E-commerce/home delivery of all commodities shall be allowed.