WhatsApp users across the country can now use the government’s MyGov Corona Helpdesk chatbot to book vaccination slots.
To contact MyGov Corona Helpdesk chatbot, users need to send ‘Book Slot’ to WhatsApp number 9013151515. This will generate a six-digit one-time password on the respective mobile phone number. Users will then choose a preferred date and location, based on the Pincode and vaccine type. All users can follow this sequence to get a confirmation of their centre and the day of their vaccine appointment.
“Paving a new era of citizen convenience. Now, book COVID19 vaccine slots easily on your phone within minutes. Send ‘Book Slot’ to MyGovIndia Corona Helpdesk on WhatsApp, Verify OTP, Follow the steps,” Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya tweeted.
Paving a new era of citizen convenience.
Now, book #COVID19 vaccine slots easily on your phone within minutes.
🔡 Send ‘Book Slot’ to MyGovIndia Corona Helpdesk on WhatsApp
🔢 Verify OTP
📱Follow the steps
Book today: https://t.co/HHgtl990bb
— Mansukh Mandaviya (@mansukhmandviya) August 24, 2021
On August 5, MyGov and WhatsApp had introduced the ability for users to download vaccine certificates from the chatbot; and so far, over 32 lakh certificates have been downloaded by users across the country.
MyGov CEO Abhishek Singh said the new tie-up will enable digital inclusion since WhatsApp is much easier to navigate, and thanked the messaging app for creating the chatbot to help facilitate citizen's access to vaccination.
The chief executive officer (CEO) of WhatsApp Inc also put out a similar message. “Today we’re partnering with @MoHFW_INDIA and @mygovindia to enable people to make their vaccine appointments via WhatsApp. Spread the word,” Cathcart tweeted.
— Will Cathcart (@wcathcart) August 24, 2021
Here’s how you can book a vaccine slot on Whatsapp:
- Save the number +91 9013151515 on your phone. Go to WhatsApp and search for the MyGov Corona Helpdesk bot. Alternatively, you can head to this link to open the MyGoV Corona Helpdesk Chatbot on WhatsApp.
- Type and send ‘Book Slot' inside the chatbot on WhatsApp.
- This will generate a six-digit OTP on the respective mobile phone number. Enter the OTP in the chatbot.
- The bot will show a list of people that are registered with the number. Choose the person whose vaccination slot you wish to book.
- MyGov Corona Helpdesk will show nearby centres based on the Pincode and the vaccination type. Users can choose a preferred date and location based on the steps mentioned in the chat bot.
- All users registered on CoWIN can follow the steps to get a confirmation of their COVID-19 vaccination appointment with the name of the centre along with the date and time.